Tonypandy Town Centre
The scheme will commence on Monday, 18th June and continue for approximately 16 weeks. It will involve removing the current pedestrian zone and replacing it with a new one way carriageway for northbound vehicles only. The works will consist of the following:
- Removal of existing paving
- New flexible carriageway and paved footways
- New street furniture including benches, lighting columns and information boards
- New drainage gullies connecting to an existing carrier drain
- New bus stop and shelter
- New controlled pedestrian crossing incorporated into the existing signals
Maintaining access to businesses and minimising disruption to the local community:
A practical works Phasing Plan has been devised which will minimise disruption and ensure access to local businesses is maintained during their individual opening hours. We will also endeavour to ensure all delivery requirements are met throughout the scheme.
Temporary access ramps will be provided as necessary and clear signage will be installed to emphasise that the local businesses are open as usual.
In addition to the above, in order to minimise the impact on businesses we will work evenings and weekends during the paving works across shop entrances.
This site is not currently registered under the Considerate Constructors Scheme
Click to see larger image