Re-opening of Chepstow Road – September 2020
- Effective from the afternoon of Friday 18th September 2020, Chepstow Road will be re-open for vehicular access.
- Welsh Water have now repaired the culvert which runs directly in front of New River Chinese Takeaway and Caldicot Printing.
We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your support and patience whilst these repair works were carried out.
Road Closure Update – June 2020
- Effective from 9.00am Wednesday 10th June 2020, phase 2 of the road closure will commence for approx. 8 weeks. The road closure includes a section of the carriageway between the Church Road junction towards Chepstow Road.
- Please note: access to businesses and properties will be maintained, including the Police Station.
- Sandy Lane will be reopened and traffic diverted through Jubilee Way and back onto Woodstock Way. Diversion signage will be in place.
- There will be a temporary two-way traffic light system in place between Church Road and Sandy Lane. Church Road will be accessible from both directions at all times.
- Bus companies will be made aware that the diversion will be in the opposite direction as to how they are currently operating. The temporary bus shelters will remain in their current locations on Jubilee Way.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused as a result of the temporary traffic management arrangements and appreciate your support over the next few weeks whilst the essential works are being completed.