Recent Community Benefit Initiatives
Griffiths are very grateful to the local community and businesses for their patience as we construct the Llangefni Link Road, Phase 1 & 2, for the Isle of Anglesey County Council.
Throughout the project we will be linking with the local community and providing social, economic and environmental benefits in line with our Community Benefits Plan. To date we are/have:
- Met with representatives from Coleg Menai in Llangefni with regards to starting a rolling work experience programme for students, this includes full and part time students as well as those undertaking up-skilling/ retraining under a Job Centre initiative.
- Agreed to accept two local Sixth form students for their Year 12 work experience placements.
- Sponsored local primary school Ysgol Corn Hir’s new football kit.
- Contributing to local education by visiting schools with the ICE “Bridge to Schools” initiative that gives school children the opportunity to build and test a scale model of the Severn Bridge. Our visits have been scheduled to coincide with relevant areas of their curriculum to further enhance their learning.
- Organised visits, before the Summer holidays, to local primary schools with our Health & Safety Mascot, Sally Safesteps.
- Planning an Open Day on site, following recent Archaeological discoveries in order to share this information with the public.
- Griffiths are happy to be involved in sponsoring the Anglesey Young Farmers Rally on Saturday, 14th May 2016.